OAS sponsored course for Agro-Eco-Tourism businesses (April 2013)
OAS-IICA sponsored Agro-Eco Tourism Course for Entrepreneurs (April 2013)
The Organization of American States, in association with the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA), has opened registration for a entrepreneur-focused course on agro-eco-tourism.
The course titled: Agro-Eco-Tourism: Basic Elements to Implement an Innovative Project on Tourism is 10 weeks long and carried out entirely online.
This course aims to provide participants with a theoretical and practical basis, to plan, coordinate and implement agro-eco-tourism projects.
It will enable them to make decisions needed in the problem solving process for the development of agro-eco-tourism projects/companies.
Men and women who own small or medium livestock farms or stakeholders interested in the agro-eco-tourism sector.
Participants of the course may belong to any of the groups described here:
* People living in rural areas, who want to venture into the innovation sector of tourism, by making use of the social, natural and cultural resources of their communities. Participants may also be willing to show their live-styles to tourists and should seek to boost their economies by developing touristic activities.
* Technicians from public institutions/agencies or universities (such as community supporters of agro-eco-tourism projects)
* Workers responsible/in charge of programs and projects supported by governmental and non-governmental institutions;
* Trainers of small and medium entrepreneurs and/or producers.
Expected course outcomes:
By the end of the course, participants are expected to:
* Properly use the technical terms related to agro-eco-tourism;
* Be able to produce liability and impact studies on agro‐eco‐tourism projects;
* Develop an agro‐eco‐tourism project with an analytic emphasis;
* Apply the needed knowledge to create, coordinate and manage agro-eco-tourism activities;
* Use better practices to market and trade studies of agro-eco-tourism projects.
* Apply the tools for the appropriate management of projects;
* Conduct evaluation processes to ensure the quality of the agro-eco-tourism Enterprise;
* Include social, economic, technologic and environmental aspects in the design and implementation of an agro-eco-tourism project.
Course registration Deadline: April 2nd, 2013 11:59 pm (time in Washington DC)
Course Start date: April 18th, 2013
Course End Date: to June 26th, 2013
Course duration: Ten (10) weeks
Announcement Date of Selected Participants: April 4th, 2013
The tuition cost for the course is USD $200 (two hundred dollars) for participants who fulfill all the requirements and are selected to receive the financial aid provided by the GS/OAS.
The tuition cost for the course, without the financial aid, is USD $400 (four hundred dollars)
i personally LOVE this SITE
i personally LOVE this SITE