(There is till time to enter! Not much... but there is still time!)
Update: the deadline for entering the Concern Writing Competition 2012 has been extended until 25 May, 2012.
This year Concern Worldwide looks to the future...the year is 2050 and the population of the world has surpassed 10 billion people.
What you write about:
You have been asked to write a 1,000 word chapter for the 2050 State of the Developing World Report. What will you write about?
The options are endless, but if you need suggestions download the flyer.
Don’t know where to get started or how to mould your piece? Download our writing tips booklet.
- Junior: ages 13 to 15
- Senior: ages 16 to 18
- College: full or part-time student
- Adult: age 19 years or over (non-student)
Prizes will be awarded in each of the following competition categories:
- First place: netbook computer
- Second place: e-reader
- Third place: MP3 player
Winning and selected entries will be included in the Creative Writing Competition book published by Liffey Press.
- Entries must be written in English
- Only one entry per person
- All work must be original and unaided
- The word limit is 1,000 words, please aim to keep within this
- We reserve the right to use entries for publication or promotional purposes
- Individuals will be notified by email in the event of their entry being selected for publication
- Entries must be submitted online by midnight on 25 May 2012
- Late entries will not be accepted
- Entries received on paper or via post will not be accepted
- Please make sure your contact details are entered correctly on the online form – this is tomake sure we can contact you if your entry is chosen as a winner or for publication
- Concern Worldwide will arrange all publicity surrounding the competition winners and prize-giving. Winners are asked to refrain from arranging their own publicity or publication ofwinning entries.
If your entry is chosen by the judging panel as a winning or shortlisted entry or for inclusion in the Concern Writing Competition book, we'll need this information:
- Name, age and home address
- Contact phone number and date of birth
- Category (junior/senior/college/adult)
- School Name and address
You will not be contacted by Concern for any other purpose.
- Concern will form a panel of highly qualified people to serve as competition judges
- Competition winners will be contacted by Concern
- The decision of the chairperson of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision
- Winning and selected entries will be included in the annual Concern Writing Competition book
- Photographs of the winners together with their names and ages may be used in publicity campaigns where the parents or guardians have given their consent
Winners will be announced on our website.