The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank
The 2012 OECS Essay Competition
for Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) Area students 14 - 19 years
1. What viable steps should OECS countries take to stimulate their economies and significantly reduce their national debts?
2. Discuss the role of young people in shaping the future of the OECS.
|CATEGORY I||CATEGORY II|
1st PRIZE - $2,500 GRANT - student, $1,500 GRANT - school
2nd PRIZE - $1,500 GRANT - student, $1,000 GRANT - school
3rd PRIZE - $1,000 GRANT - student, $500 GRANT – school
School with the Most Entries - $500
- Essays must be between 750 to 1000 words, and must be typed double spaced on letter size paper, with a separate cover sheet giving details of the name, age and school attended by the participant.
- Essays must be written on one of the listed topics.
- Essays will be judged for content and soundness of points (20), logical development (20), clarity (20), knowledge of the subject (25), command of language (10), presentation (5).
- Essays must be submitted to the ECCB Agency Office in your territory, or the ECCB Headquarters, P O Box 89, Basseterre, St Kitts by Friday, 30 March 2012.
- Where the student has left school, the grant will be awarded to the high school of his/her choice.
- Children or dependents of ECCB staff are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Prize winners may be asked to submit their birth certificates.
Update: December 12th 2011: Here are EECB essay guidelines to assist you in preparing to write your essay for the 2012 OECS Essay Competition