Applications are open for the CTO 2010 scholarships
Applications are open for the Caribbean Tourist Organizations's 2010 scholarships
The Caribbean Tourism OrganIzation (CTO) Scholarship Foundation is currently accepting applications for scholarships and study grants from Caribbean Nationals in CTO member countries.
The scholarships are to provide Caribbean Nationals with opportunities to pursue studies in the areas of tourism, hospitality and Language training.
The Foundation selects individuals who demonstrate high levels of achievement and leadership both within and outside the classroom and who express a strong interest in making a positive contribution to Caribbean tourism.
The Foundation offers two types of assistance:
- Scholarships of up to US$20,000 to individuals wanting to study tourism or hospitality at the Master’s (post graduate) level.
- Study grants of up to US$2,500 to individuals pursing tourism/hospitality studies at the certificate, diploma, associate degree or first degree level, and to industry personnel who want to gain proficiency in a second language to assist them in their job.
Studies can be pursued both within and outside the region.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS FOR CTO FOUNDATION AWARDS
Application forms are available at any CTO office, the local Ministry of Tourism, Board of Tourism, and Hotel Association. Forms are also available above. Interested persons must fill out the forms, supply all of the necessary information and return them directly to the Caribbean Tourism Organization’s headquarters:
One Financial Place, Collymore Rock, St. Michael, Barbados, Tel: 246-427-5242; Fax: 246-429-3065 by the deadline date given on the form.
The Application form for the study grant is also provided as a .pdf attachment to this page. The form is fillable and may be completed online. When completed the form can be saved, renamed with your last name and sent as an attachment firstname.lastname@example.org/
Deadline for ALL applications
The deadline for applications is 15th April 2010
CTO executives in the Barbados headquarters screen all applications and select the study grant awardees. The CTO executives also shortlist potential candidates for scholarships and invite them to be interviewed before a Selection Panel at CTO headquarters in Barbados during the month of May, at which time theawardees are chosen.
KEYS TO THE SCREENING AND SELECTION PROCESS
All information requested on the application form must be submitted by the deadline date.
• The applicant must provide letters of reference from multiple and varied sources.
• The applicant should demonstrate strong academic performance in previous studies.
• The applicant must include a well written essay stating why Foundation support is
important and how the candidate
hopes to benefit from the area of study being pursued.
• The applicant must demonstrate leadership capabilities through involvement in various
• The applicant should be well prepared for an interview which includes an effective
presentation to accentuate
their positive attributes.
TheFoundation aims to support persons interested in pursuing studies in the area of tourism, hospitality and language training, who demonstrate high levels of academic achievement and leadership, and who express a strong interest in making a contribution to Caribbean tourism.