Essay Competition for Teens - August 2012
Encouraging the spirit of giving, PSRC welcomes entries for its Essay Competition 2012 on PSR (personal social responsibility) from teens across the globe.
Please send in a brief essay on any of the following topics, not exceeding 300 words:
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. ~ Gandhi
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. ~ Churchill
- It's not that successful people are givers; it is that givers are successful people. ~ Thor
- Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. ~ John Wooden
- No man stands so straight as when he stoops to help a boy. ~ Knights of Pythagoras
Top three entries will receive cash prizes of $500 each and certificates.
Next best 20 entries will receive “Certificates of Merit” and showcased on the website aeiou-inc.com
Last date for submission of essay - August 31st, 2012
Announcement of winners - September 30th, 2012 –
Rules and Regulations
- This competition is open to all teens (those born between June 1, 1991 and May 31, 2000)
- All entries must be written in English
- No more than one entry will be accepted from each teenager
- The essay should be original (do not plagiarize)
- AEIOU reserves the right to publish the essays once submitted for this competition
Based on Originality, Clarity, Practicality & Scalability; a tip: do not wait for the deadline; early submission gives you an opportunity to get feedback to improve your essay!
Please include a cover page with the details: First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Sex (M/F), Email Address, Contact Address, Phone Number, Current Grade/Class, School name, Name and email id of the school teacher or Principal.
For more information, email Hazel at " firstname.lastname@example.org ".
This information is taken from the AEIOU website.