JAMKIT Essay Contest 2012 Launched
Basseterre, St. Kitts, (Saturday 2nd June, 2012)-An Essay Competition has been launched by the Jamaican Kittitian (JamKit) Association as a key highlight for the local celebrations to mark the 50th Anniversary of political independence by Jamaica.
The contest, which is for children and young adults within the [St.Kitts/Nevis Federation, was officially launched in Nevis recently with the endorsement of Nevis’ Deputy Prime Minister Mr. Hensley Daniel.
The essay competition is open to all age-eligible nationals of St.Kitts and Nevis and the topics and categories are as follows:
Category One—Primary School students: ‘Who is your favourite Jamaican personality and why?’ (500 words).
Category two: --Secondary School students: ‘Discuss your knowledge of Jamaica and its contribution to the Caribbean.’ (1,500 words).
Category three-young adults aged 16-25: ‘Assess the role of Jamaicans in the Caribbean experience of the past 50 years.’ (2,500 words).
- Submissions must be in Standard English;
- must be the work of the entrants;
- must be typed and double spaced in Times New Roman font;
- must have a title page with the entrant’s basic information;
- must indicate sources for research work;
- must be delivered in a sealed envelop addressed to Carol Phillips; 44A, New Pond Site, Basseterre.
- Emailed submissions will not be accepted.
- Each entrant can only submit one essay.
The deadline for submission is July 13th, 2012 by 5.00pm.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three placers in each category.
Winners in the three (3) categories will be announced in August 2012 during the main 50th Anniversary Celebrations in SKN.
Application forms are available at the various schools across the island or at the Ministry of Education.
This information was taken from the newslinksite.com