Wildejam Creative Writing Competition 2012: Call for Entries
Now in its 6th year, the WildeJam Creative Writing Competition is open to Jamaican female writers and poets who live in Jamaica. It is an initiative of the WILDE Network, a UK-based non-profit organisation seeks to promote and provide publishing opportunities for women by helping them to develop their art.
The winners of each category will be awarded a Notepad each, and one one runner-up from each genre (short story and poem) will receive a selection of books. The work of all finalists may be included in the Just Write anthology, subject to publishing standards.
- The competition is open to unpublished* Jamaican female writers/poets, who are over 16 years old and living in Jamaica.
* You must confirm that you have not been published. If you are self-published or if your work has appeared in newspapers oranthologies, you are eligible to enter.
- Each entrant may submit only one short story and/or up to 3 poems:
- Short Story: Send a complete manuscript of not more than 5000 words. Writers will retain all rights to their work. All manuscripts should be typed and double spaced on plain white A4 paper. All pages should be numbered. Manuscripts can be on any subject and can be fiction or non-fiction.
- Poetry: Send at least one but not more than three poems, typed on plain white A4 paper.
- There is no entry fee required.
This prize is part of the annual WildeJam Writers Retreat, which brings together women from the US, Africa and UK with their Jamaican counterparts for two weeks of creative writing workshops. The next retreat will take place from 17th April – 1st May 2012 in Negril, Montego Bay, and Kingston.
To register your intention to enter the competition, return your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th November 2011.
Submission of entries (short story and/or poetry entry) must be sent by 6pm on 17th January 2012. Any entries received after this time will not be read.