Caribbean Short Story Competition 2011/2012
- Entrants must be citizens of the Caribbean.
- Entrants must be greater than or equal to 13 years of age.
- A maximum of 2 entries per entrant.
- Finalists from the last competition set the bar high. Great, logical plots, clean, careful work, a variety of appropriately-used literary techniques. Do the same. You're competiting at a high level and want to stand out.
- Stories must be a minimum of 2,500 words but no greater than 3,000 words. Other entries will not be considered.
- Stories must be original works, having never been featured in any other publication, newspaper, magazine or otherwise.
- Submissions must be in MS WORD or PDF format and must include the word count, author's name and contact information.
- Deadline: Entries submitted after Friday, 31st August 2012, will not be considered.
The NEW deadline for submission of entries is Saturday 31st, August 2013
Entries can be sent via hard or soft copy
- Email: email@example.com. Subject line must be: "CSSC.2011/2012".
- Hard copy submissions must be made to #3, 3rd Street West, Beaulieu Avenue, Trincity, Trinidad, West Indies.
- The overall winner will receive a cash prize of USD $ 250.00. (Hopefully, we'll be able to attract sponsorship, and the prizes will become more attractive. We're working on it. :-)
- The top 10 stories will be compiled in a book and each winner will receive a free copy.
- An about the author page will be included in the publication for each of the 10 winners.
- The authors will retain the copyright for their stories.
- Potbake Productions will retain distribution rights for the top 10 stories.
- There is no other monetary gain for the winning authors. There are no royalties to collect on sales.
This information was taken from the PotBake website here>>