CaribExams is hosting an essay competition!
Calling all adults 18 years and over planning to sit the CXC CSEC English language exam next year (2013). Submit an entry to our CaribExams essay competition, have a chance to become a member of the CaribExams community and see your work published here.
Supporting, encouraging and inspiring CXC CSEC exam candidates has been our mission and goal. Therefore, we are offering term memberships (10 months) in our community to thirty (30) individuals whose essays are selected for publication in our community.
Eligibility: The essay competition is open to individuals 18 years and over who live in any of the CXC examining territories and who intend to sit the CXC CSEC English A exam next year.
Theme: The theme of the essays is: "The Caribbean in the 21st Century"
You may write on one out of three essay topics given:
1. The most valuable export product in the Caribbean is its people. Write an essay for or against this statement. Your essay should be no more than 400 words.
2. Someone from your country won an Olympic gold medal this year. Describe the response in your country to this achievement . Your essay should be no more than 450 words.
3. "I had failed. It felt like my world came crashing down on me. I had no idea what I would do next" Write a short story which includes these words. You short story should be no more than 450 words.
Essays must have a cover page indicating:
- Essay question
- Word count
- When you plan to sit the CXC CSEC English A exam
- your name
- your age
- phone number
* Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
Entries must be submitted as a WORD attachment by email, online to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to CaribExams.org
Entries open: Monday 3rd September, 2012
Entries close: Saturday 8th September, 2012
Winners announced: Saturday 22th September, 2012
Prize: The winners of all selected entries will receive 10 months of membership in CaribExams.org